How are your mornings? Scary or Serene?
Most people have rushed mornings where they are suddenly flung into the chaos of life and their energy is scattered everywhere before the day has even started!
I’ve read countless media interviews conducted with successful people, from around the world, and I’ve walked away with this insight – ‘owning the morning’ is key to living with intention and bringing your best to each day. In fact, there is a saying “champions are made in the morning”.
The people I admire – these are people living meaningful, intentional lives and being true to themselves – they start the day with intention (they start how they want to finish). Consistent morning rituals can help us to be at our best throughout the day.
Mornings have super powerful energy. When we make space for ourselves in the morning, we feel alive, and we have more to offer the world. We never know what the day will have in store for us, therefore one of the kindest things we can do is create space and time for ourselves every morning. This will ensure that we set ourselves up for success and bring the fullness of our spirit (our true self) into our being. When we put our true self forward, we have a better chance of dealing with whatever may come our way during the day – we’re more patient and present with others, and we can more calmly navigate stressful or unexpected situations that may arise.
Here’s a quick ritual you can easily integrate into your morning. This morning ritual was inspired by watching a beautiful morning sunrise before heading to work. It just takes a moment …..
Time required: 5 – 15 minutes
What you need: Quiet space, uninterrupted time
Morning Ritual: “Own the Morning”
- In the morning find a quiet spot where you can spend 5 to 15 minutes by yourself, without interruption (you can do this inside your home or outside in nature)
- Sit down or stay standing, and place your hands on your belly
- Close your eyes and take 3 long, slow, deep belly breaths: you can breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
- After your 3 long breaths return to normal breathing
- Keep your eyes closed and feel your heart beating inside you, listen to the sounds around you, feel that you are alive….
- Set an intention for the day (e.g. you might have something you need to do that day and you can visualise doing it with ease)
- Set an intention for the world (e.g. you might want to call in a beautiful, peaceful and safe day for all humankind)
- Rub your hands together and place them over your eyes
- Open your eyes and slowly move your hands away
- Stay for a few moments. Don’t rush. Then move through your day with this intention and have a beautiful day…..